Poisons of the Chakras
Beware tricksters – Monkey-wrenchers and educators to the chakras. The following conceptual/symbolic, rather than demonic, elements are in themselves poison, but if we can identify and use/transcend them, they will challenge us to develop and strengthen, rather than shrink, the corresponding chakra:
- Chakar 1 – Fear: Arises when one’s very life, existence, and basic needs, when one’s survival is threatened.
- Chakra 2 – Guilt: Keeps us from reaching out, hindering emotional and sexual ties with others.
- Chakra 3 – Shame: Hinders naturalness, confidence, and personal power, turning one’s will and power upon themselves.
- Chakra 4 – Grief: Hinders the love and lightness of the heart, leaving a heavy burden on one’s persona.
- Chakra 5 – Lies: Misinformation that hinders our relationship to oneself, others and the world.
- Chakra 6 – Illusion: Looking at things mistakenly, not seeing the whole picture, and seeing only what we want to see hampers our awareness.
- Chakra 7 – Attachment: Holding on to the meaningless and focusing all of one’s attention/energy obsessively can obscure the big picture and hinder our relationship with the universe.