Casanova Frankenstein’s Favorite Drink Day
The Classic Harvey Wallbanger Recipe:
• 1.5 fluid ounces (44 mL) vodka
• 4 fluid ounces (120 mL) orange juice
• .5 fluid ounces (15 mL) Galliano Liqueur
• 1 orange slice for garnish
• 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
• Fill a highball glass with ice cubes. A Harvey Wallbanger is traditionally served in a highball glass, but any glass that holds between 1 and 1 ½ cups (240 and 350 ml) will do. Add enough ice to the glass to fill nearly to the top.
• Add the vodka and orange juice. Pour 1 ½ ounces (44 ml) of vodka and 4 ounces (118 ml) of orange juice into the glass with the ice. Stir well.
• Float the Galliano Liqueur on top. Galliano is what makes a Screw Driver into a Harvey Wallbanger. Slowly pour the Galliano over a spoon on the vodka and orange juice so it “floats” on top.
• Garnish the cocktail with an orange slice and cherry. Either skewer the orange slice and cherry together or rim the glass with the orange slice and drop the cherry on top.